You know you drink too much coffee when…
- You answer the door before people knock.
- You can take a picture of yourself from ten feet away without using the timer.
- You answer questions before you hear the question.
- You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.
- You sleep with your eyes open.
- You have to watch videos in fast-forward.
- You lick your coffeepot clean.
- You spend every vacation visiting O'Henry's.
- You dream of being adopted by the O'Henry's family.
- You're the employee of the month at the local coffeehouse and you don't even work there.
- The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.
- All your kids are named "Joe."
- You don't need a hammer to pound in nails.
- You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.
- You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.
- When you find a penny, you say, "Find a penny, pick it up. One- hundred-forty-eight more, I'll have a cup."
- You're so wired, you pick up AM radio.
- Your life's goal is to amount to a hill of beans.
- Instant coffee takes too long.
- When someone says. "How are you?", you say, "Good to the last drop."
- You channel surf faster without a remote.
- You go to sleep just so you can wake up and smell the coffee.
- Your lips are permanently stuck in the sipping position.
- You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.
- You can outlast the Energizer bunny.
- You think being called a "drip" is a compliment.
- You don't tan, you roast.
- Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup.
A few more coffee fun facts...
The "coffee break" in the American workplace came about during World War II. Employers found that their employees would work longer and harder if they were supplied with a coffee break during their shifts.
The Civil War in the United States elevated the popularity of coffee to new heights. Soldiers went to war with coffee beans as a primary ration.
In Greece and Turkey the oldest person is always served his coffee first.
Raw coffee beans soaked in water and spices are chewed like candy in many parts of Africa.
In the ancient Arab world coffee became such a staple in family life that one of the causes allowed by laws for marital separation was a husband's refusal to produce coffee for his wife.
How do you stop an asthma attack? Drink a cup of coffee - so states The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies.
In the last three centuries 90% of all people living in the Western world have switched from tea to coffee.
Bach wrote a coffee cantata in 1732.
In 1900 coffee was often delivered door-to-door in the United States by horse-pulled wagons.